question

serkan-sevim avatar image
serkan-sevim asked

MPPTs stopped charging after firmware upgrade

Hello,

I am using the same system for a couple of years on my boat. I have 3 x MPPTs (2 x 100/30 and 100/50) for different arrays of solar panels. All are directly connected to a large battery pack at 24V.

Here are couple of problems raised after the firmware upgrade to v1.59.

1) The MPPTs are lost from the Victron network; I can not see them via web portal, VRM, and GX.

2) It looks like all MPPTs can see each other via VE.Smart. (My system used to work with VE.Bus as far as I know). I can connect to these devices via Bluetooth and my iPhone victron app and I can see the network is established

3) The voltage coming to my big MPPT (100/50) from PV array is about 70 volts as it should be. But once it is connected to MPPT, it drops to 28-30 volts and stops charging. (My battery system is 24V and normally they are at about 27-28 volts charged)

Furthermore, my Control GX shows such error screen on VE.CAN port. Maybe this helps.

screen-shot-2022-06-21-at-202827.png

I can provide more information. Any idea is much appreciated. Also, hints about how I can downgrade to an older firmware are appreciated.

Thanks. Serkan

MPPT Controllersfirmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

If you have a GX device, then you should not use VE.Smart Networking.

What's the firmware version of your GX device?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

serkan-sevim avatar image serkan-sevim commented ·

I upgraded the firmware of my GX to the latest and even to a prerelease version. Currently it is v2.90-14. I can go back to my older version, v2.87.

May I get a suggestion about how I can downgrade MPPTs to use VE.Can or to my older networking topology. I did not choose to use VE.Smart.

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 serkan-sevim commented ·

Here:

It looks like all MPPTs can see each other via VE.Smart.

You meant VE.Smart Networking or VE.Direct (VE.Direct cables between the MPPTs and CCGX)?

0 Likes 0 ·