question

jamest avatar image
jamest asked

MPPT upgrade

We want to upgrade our MPPT from the 75/15 to the 100/30. We have the basic solarflex from keystone. 1 200w panel. My question is, is the higher amp controller too much for our single 12v battery system. We're still using the deep cycle battery. Trying to upgrade our system as we go, but don't want to damage anything.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Louis van der Walt avatar image
Louis van der Walt answered ·

When you set up the MPPT using VictronConnect you can set a limit for how much power it can give. Your battery will have a charge current limit and you can just set that as the max for your new MPPT.

With that said your 200W PV panel would not be much different between these two MPPTs and this will only be an issue when you upgrade to larger panel.

For the 75/15 your max power to the battery is 180W (15A times the 12V of the battery voltage)
For the 100/30 your max power to the battery is 200W (200W from the PV at the 12V of the battery voltage so ~16A) If later you get a 400W PV panel you could get 30A from the MPPT.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jamest avatar image
jamest answered ·

Ok. Great. That did help. I didn't realize I could limit via the BT the amps.

Thanks!!

2 |3000