question

ramassamy avatar image
ramassamy asked

DC source for CGX

i want to know if it is possible to wire the color CGX to a transformer 220v/12v rail ? instead of taking power on the batteries ?

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
christyler avatar image
christyler answered ·

Yes that will work, can't really see why you would do that. Maybe I misunderstand. Are you running you inverter from batteries to get 220v then transforming down to 12v to run the ccgx . ??

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ramassamy avatar image
ramassamy answered ·

in fact,i need ton install the color in my house instead of my other batteries local.The distance is 20meter , i have a good quality ethernet cable for linking to the Multi and a transformer220v/12v is close to me to get the voltage to the color. That is why i wonder if i can use it , if not i need extend the stock wires to the batteries to 20 meters

2 |3000

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

That will work fine, keep in mind that the transformer power supply must be DC 8 to 70 volts do anywhere in that range will work DC only

1 comment
2 |3000

ramassamy avatar image ramassamy commented ·

Thanx for your answer i will do it

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Ram. This isn't a direct answer to your question, but I'd encourage you to consider using that ethernet cable just for a remote and totally functional link to your CCGX, which you could then leave next to the Multi (and other kit you may decide to add in). Laptop/Pad/whatever.

1 comment
2 |3000

ramassamy avatar image ramassamy commented ·

ok i understand

0 Likes 0 ·