question

jj-o-jj avatar image
jj-o-jj asked

multiplus ii Generator disconnect

I have a 2,8kW max (10A) "non inverter/AVR" generator connected to Easy Solar II 24/3000. This generator can power directly 2,5kW Bosch AXT 25 TC branch shredder for hours.

Battery is first charged 100% by generator, which charges 35A with Weak AC option ON, and 50A without it (which is max for my battery, also my battery has 200A constant discharge rate).

Also i have 1,2kW of solar panels in good sunlight, but sadly as soon as generator is connected, SmartSolar stops supplying current to the system (solar input stays at 70V but current goes to 0A).

I start 800W heat gun, generator tries to ramp up rpms but inverter almost immediately disconects the generator.

I have tried lowering AC1 input current limit minimum - 3,5A (and also maxed all the way to 10A). Doesnt work still.

Settings:

UPS OFF (also tried ON),

AC1 input current limit - 8A

Dynamic current limit ON (also tried OFF),

Accept wide frequency range ON,

AC low voltage disconnect 180V (and also tried 210V as suggested in the manual),

Power Assist on, assist factor 2 (also tried 1 and 1.5)

Nothing works.

Is the generator just too slow/low quality or are there any other settings i can try to keep generator connected until it revs to suitable speed/voltage?

Generatorpowerassist
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@JJ-O-JJ

Sometimes a small (resistive load) heating element plugged into the generator itself (kettle or something) helps when connecting a generator to the inverter.

The electrical "noise" from some appliances cause issues with some generators connecting to the inverters. Motors and speed control fans and other energy saving switches particularly.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

netrange avatar image netrange commented ·

I still have a Pheonix 1200VA inverter in my system to support the general engineering.
For the test I had my wife's hair dryer connected:
Stage 1 with 240W !!! ... no problem
but stage 2 with "only 640W" he immediately went into overload because the "real" power was so high ... the small fan motor is probably "supplied" with a capacitor
An old fan with almost real 1000W ran against it without problems

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MultiPlus Generator FAQ

GX - Generator auto start/stop

Automatic Generator start/stop

Hybrid Generators

Virtual switch - Generator start/stop