question

Bill avatar image
Bill asked

Only alerting for SOC Alarm for Low SOC, not high SOC

I want to add a low SOC alarm, but it seems to require a high SOC alarm too. I don't want constant alarms about the batteries being in a good state, just when they are lower than I prefer and might not be paying attention. Thanks, Bill

SOCalarm
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

@bigbillsd

Which device are we talking about? Are there other components in the system that could play a role in this? If so, please mention them too.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bill avatar image Bill Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

I want to setup a Low SOC alarm on the BMV-712 via VRM. Just want an alert if the state of charge goes lower than I usually want to keep it above. I just cannot see a way to leave the High SOC alarm inactive. -Bill socalarm.png

0 Likes 0 ·
socalarm.png (38.7 KiB)
1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @bigbillsd,

This is probably not intended. But maybe you can trick the system by using a value for 'High' and 'Clear high alarm' that cannot be reached and thus overrides the 'High' alarm rule. Give it a try.

bildschirmfoto-2022-06-19-um-132649.png

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Bill avatar image Bill commented ·
Wow, great idea! I just set it up, will be interesting if I get a high alarm in the future..
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic