question

johanndo avatar image
johanndo asked

LiFeYPO4 cell voltage logging on VRM workaround?

VRM portal cell voltage logging

As there is no available option to log cell voltages on the VRM (yet), would a workaround using a couple of DC METER object instances containing the to be logged cell voltages do the trick? One could use the custom widget in VRM to join the graphs of the 4 "sensors" over each other for the 4 cells.

Is there a better option to get cell logging working on vrm?

VRMdc meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

BMS’s don’t send individual cell data - CAN has limitations as to how much information can be broadcast.

You can display min/max cell voltages (Temp and Cell ID accessible via the GX) on VRM, provided your BMS sends it.

Anything more detailed will need to be extracted with battery management software.

It’s not a VRM issue.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·
The data acquisition in the Venus OS is not the problem, I wrote a service that reads the data from my REC ABMS via RS485 and creates a DBUS hive / device with all information and settings from the BMS, I have it integrated into the UI as well. But I haven't found yet a suitable container for the values to send them to the VRM for analysis and visualization.

img-20220616-013800.jpg

img-20220514-002835.jpg

2 comments
2 |3000

andyalford avatar image andyalford commented ·
I'd like to test that out on my system here. I have the REC ABMS too. Let me know if you would like some feedback. Well done!! Andy (mail at andyalford dot com)

0 Likes 0 ·
link-cat avatar image link-cat commented ·

Amazing integration, these values were shown on VenusOs, maybe is a Modbus register that can be used for that? Just thoughts. If it can be done, maybe a new set of graphics could be displayed through node-red/influxdb/grafana.

I'm planning on my system, with 8 Seplos BMS paralleled on CAN, and just came here searching a way to display the individual cell for each cell of each pack. The most i reached was finding the modbus topic for min voltage cell id:

/System/MinVoltageCellId

I was hoping to found something like:

/System/battery1/VoltageCell1 /System/battery1/VoltageCell2/System/battery1/ResistanceCell1and so on... But it isn't.

The thing is, if the VenusOs has the possibility to identify cells, it doesn't seem too difficult to think that can be done.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources