question

Tron Bårdgård avatar image
Tron Bårdgård asked

Multiplus-II GX shows wrong voltage from generator / won't charge

I have just set up a Multiplus-II GX and MPPT solar, but it won't charge from two different generators.

I have set battery spesifications, set AC input current limit to 6A, Charge current 20A, Weak AC input on, Dynamic current limit on (testet with both off and on).(Firmware GX 2.87 and 481)

- The first generator is cheap/noisy nobrand, when connected the inverter won't charge but switches a relay every 10 sec, in the console it shows as 240ish volt and 52Hz (when messured with a voltmeter the voltage is the same).
- The second generator is a Honda EX 1000, in console it shows as 180Volt 50Hz. (but when messured dirrectly with a voltmeter it shows 242 Volt). It never tries to charge from it.

Anyone have suggestions for what might be wrong?

Multiplus-IIGenerator
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@tronba

Try the multiplus in charger only mode and see. Do you have a grid code enabled?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

I have just set up a Multiplus-II GX and MPPT solar, but it won't charge from two different generators.

You might want to expand the detail on you equipment.

What model MPII do you have? Battery voltage? Battery type?

Your Honda EX1000 will not handle a 6a output/input to MP. The Honda could not be expected to output more than 3a. Dunno if your MP can be dialed down that far.

Post details about your other genset.

Multi generator FAQ. <<Link..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.