question

mikemoore avatar image
mikemoore asked

VRM won’t connect

I just connected a GX LTE 4GA cellular modem to my Cerbo GX. VRM is unable to connect though. Under VRM online portal, there is a connection error “#153 connection error” “Error message: : Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno-3] Temporary failure in name resolution”. Can this error message be related to VRM not being able to connect? My technical skills are limited

cerbo gx
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@MikeMoore

You would beed to verify somehow that the GX GSM is actually connected and has data for the internet.

So check with your network carrier the settings needed.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
mikemoore avatar image
mikemoore answered ·

A friend found a way to get access with VRM and clear the error.

You access the Cerbo GX with the Victron Connect app (by bluetooth) and click the gear wheel on the top right of screen. Select “Network “.

Then toggle the “Enable Access Point” to off.

My understanding is that this stops the Cerbo GX’s wifi and allows it to use the new GX LTE 4G-A cellular modem to connect to the internet.

We then could connect remotely via internet and the VRM app.

A problem though is that this prevents the use of the Victron Connect app, which uses the Cerbo GX’s wifi. I can connect to the Cerbo GX with bluetooth and toggle the “Enable Access Point” back on to use the Victron Connect app.

Can anyone advise if there is a way to have both working at the same time?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.