question

bricki-4 avatar image
bricki-4 asked

VictronConnect won’t connect

HI guys, my app on my phone wont recognize my controller. My blue tooth is on. I have re installed the app. I have unpaired and paired the controller to my blue tooth. it says it is paired but when i click on it nothing comes up. The controller i have is a smart solar 75/15 HQ1746JV. Any help would be appreciated.

MPPT ControllersVictronConnect
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @bricki 4

Just to be clear what is working and what is not:

1. The SmartSolar is shown in VictronConnect?
  2. Is the SmartSolar regularly colored in VictronConnect or is the line "greyed out"?
  3. What happens when you press the SmartSolar line? Does it open a new screen?
  4. When it opens a new screen, what is shown on that screen?

It would help when you post some screenshots and/or describe a little bit more extensive what you see, what you do and what is happening (and is not happening).

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
bricki-4 avatar image bricki-4 Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·
well it is saying that it's paired and bluetooth is recognizing it.so i click on the app. it comes up and says can't find it
0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ bricki-4 commented ·
Perhaps take a screen shot and post here?
0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

You should unpair. Then connect through the app. If you pair without using the app, it won't work.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bricki-4 avatar image
bricki-4 answered ·

ahhhhh that makes sense will try that . ps. it makes sense thank you

2 |3000

oxy avatar image
oxy answered ·

I just had an issue connecting to SmartSolar MPPT 250/85 via VictronConnect too...

The only solution that worked for me was to turn off the solar input + disconnect the battery cable from the MPPT. Wait a few minutes, and then reconnect all inputs back. Very cumbersome (and requires proper safety awareness), but afterwards VictronConnect was able to connect.

2 |3000