question

pletexmatt16 avatar image
pletexmatt16 asked

Dynamic cut-off voltage settings of Victron Energy LiFePo4 Smart

I'm using ESS assistant configured using VEConfig on Phoenix Multi Compact 24/800/16-16 and 25.6V (2x12.8V, 160 Ah, Victron Energy LiFePo4 Smart) battery storage with VE.Bus BMS. When discharging the battery, ESS shuts off the system and transfers battery into "sustain" mode around 20-30% SOC (using BMV 702 battery monitor), depending on the load. I understand that dynamic cut-off controls the maximum discharge level of the battery, but I would like to use additional (rated or near-rated) capacity of the battery. I'm currently using default settings for dynamic cut-off voltages in ESS assistant that are already preconfigured when installing ESS assistant.

My question is, what should I set in ESS assistant for dynamic cut-off voltages to reach 0% (or lower than 20%) SOC in operation? What are the minimum voltage settings that I should use? I cannot find any minimum/recommended values in documentation.

ESSLithium BatterySOC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
smart-home avatar image
smart-home answered ·

I had exactly the same issue since my installers didn’t put the correct values in upon installation.
Once I found a Victron document detailing suitable settings for my BYD battery it was great. From memory, these were pretty much all at 47v and sustain at 50v.
Your battery may require slightly different settings….

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic