question

rvreallydoingthis2 avatar image
rvreallydoingthis2 asked

victron multiplus will work with generator ac but not with grid

Help!!!

So my system was working fine yesterday morning. Left a campground and headed to the next one system was inverting as normal. Arrived next place and hooked up grid power, everything seemed fine. Went to the store came back to no power anywhere. Cebo said batteries were at 100% invertors said low battery, charge controllers said 18v. Switched everything off, waited, power back on and after trying everything I could think of and or find on internet I have the following:

System will work while inverting, batteries will charge from solar. Power from grid is present, tested voltage from poll to rv, everything seems correct. Both multipluses each have 120v incoming but will not switch to grid power. If I power up the generator multipluses will recognize as grid power and switch to grid power. When just grid connected cebo screen says "active AC input" - disconnected. while generator is on it says - AC IN1 and everything seems ok. shut off the generator and it immediately goes back to inverting. Ugh!!

Please any help would be a blessing, currently at a campground with family on vacation. Full timers

System:

2 - Multiplus 24v/3000/70amp -- 2 phase 180. firmware 497

2 - mppt 150/100/TR ve can. firmware v3.10

8 - battle born 100amp

8 - 330w solar panels series/parallel 4 on each Array.

Smartshunt 500A/50mV. Firmware v4.08

Cerbo gx with touch 50

Orion 24/12-70

Generator - onan 5500

Auto transformer 120/240/100 amp

multiplus ve.busac
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
go-transit-further avatar image
go-transit-further answered ·

I'm new here, but, seems to me that your transfer switch is the issue.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rvreallydoingthis2 avatar image rvreallydoingthis2 commented ·

That was my first thought as well but same voltage is coming out of it with grid and with generator. Well actually I checked the poll again and I get 210 from the poll, when I start the generator and it kicks in its at 230 - 232

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic