question

ksaltman avatar image
ksaltman asked

Multiple shore power types into RV with 2x Quatro in Split Phase Config

I have two Quatros configured in a split phase configuration so that I can run 240V appliances in my RV. All works well on shore power when I am plugged into 50Amp service which is also coming in as 240V split phase from the grid. At the moment all I can do is run in Invert mode, including no charging, if I don't have the 50Amp service that is 240V split phase.

My challenge is that some of the newer parks are actually providing 50Amp but from a 3 phase grid source, so basically 208V across L1 & L2.

In addition some older parks only provide 15/20/30 Amp service which is just single phase.

Can someone tell me what the best way is to get my RV to accept any type of shore power please.

Also, in researching this someone suggested I change the configuration when I set the systems up to use "L2 float" or "L2 float and return to original phase" but I can not find any documentation on exactly what that would do differently than what I currently have as "L2 fixed".

Can someone point me in the direction of the documentation from Victron that explains the differences.

Thanks in advance

shorepower
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mike-g avatar image
mike-g answered ·

I set up a split phase Quattro system like yours in a large 5th wheel. We used a dry-type transformer to create split phase power from single phase shore power or the single phase generator. A rotary selector switch was used to send single phase shore power to the transformer when appropriate.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ksaltman avatar image
ksaltman answered ·

What do you mean by "dry-type transformer"? Where did you get it?

Do you have a solution for the 3 phase (208V) commercial power at some campgrounds?

Thanks for your thoughts.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic