question

Jessica Davies avatar image
Jessica Davies asked

Configure Victron Connect for smart shunt 12v 125 ah AGM Batteries

Hi all, first time poster here. I’ve been searching the internet for this answer. I am struggling to configure my new Victron SmartShunt. I am in no way experienced in this area, I have high school physics and google at my disposal.

Using the VictronConnect app and Victron energy settings guides online, I have set several of these settings, but I need help with a everything after discharge floor (screen shot included).

My problem is that the smart solar in the victronconnect app is showing the charge status as float, and from what I understand this is due to the batteries being full and only small amounts of charge are entering into the batteries. The smart shunt however is just continuing to decrease as power is utilised and it does not appear to be taking the solar into consideration and thus increasing it’s percentage charge. I think this may be because the settings haven’t been calibrated correctly and are still on the default settings since the shunt was installed (not by me, an experienced installer), however if I am wrong and you think there is a wider problem please inform me.

My set up includes:

2x 12v 125ah AGM deep cycle batteries and of course the smart shunt.

The solar panels are 2x 150w panels, and a smart solar charge controller.

If anyone has similar issues and or batteries and could help me with the rest of the settings, I would be very grateful.

2898f320-0cf4-480a-ae56-ebabeeddcb97.png

MPPT ControllersSmartShuntAGM Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

Which side of the smart shunt is the solar charger wired to? It should be on the load side of the shunt. Also, you need to check that the shunt reads zero current with the loads and solar disconnected.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.