question

David avatar image
David asked

GX Touch 50 shows multi in the "off" position

On my GX Touch 50 my MP3000 shows it in the "off" position and I cannot access it to show it "on". How do I access my Touch 50 to turn on (even though it is on) as I see it on my remote view.

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @David,

1. Make sure that the GX and Multi are both running the latest current firmware version - there are firmware improvements in recent versions that improve stability and can resolve this issue.

2. The Redetect sequence - within the GX menu, select the Multi, then the Advanced menu, and then "Redetect System" and if that doesn't work, "System reset".

cleanshot-2022-06-07-at-203624.jpg

3. If the Multi was switched it off by software (on a GX device) toggle the front switch of the inverter charger to make it forget the “software off”.

4. Confirm the RJ45 port connected is the VE.Bus ports. There are several RJ45 sockets on the GX device, if the Multi is accidentally inserted into the Ethernet port (which sits above the VE.Bus ports on the Cerbo GX), or another non-VE.Bus port, it will shut down with an error. To fix this, power off the Multi, connect it to the correct VE.Bus port and power the Multi back on again.

5. Damaged Pins, bad crimp, or poor contact. Inspect the pins inside the ports and make sure that they are all clean, free from corrosion and correctly aligned with nothing bent, discoloured, missing or broken. Inspect the cable pins for any damage or discolouration. Replace the cable even if you can't see any issues to eliminate that possibility.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

susannefisher avatar image
susannefisher answered ·

The GX Touch 50 display indicates that the multi-functionality is turned off, even though my MP3000 remote view shows it as "off". I am unable to access the Touch 50 to switch it to the "on" position. How can I access my Touch 50 to enable the multi-functionality, even though it appears to be already on according to my remote view?

2 |3000