question

voltmeister avatar image
voltmeister asked

Constant charge voltage and max current

65d0b48e-c568-41bf-9517-e9b3df421dc0.png

Will these settings work for 250/100? I want the mppt to output constant 50 volt and maximum variable current (based on solar harvest conditions), up to max current.

voltagecurrent limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

In theory yes. But if your battery level is low, then the Voltage will be lower than 50V until the charge level comes up.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·
From another thread: he does not plan to use a battery. He wants to use the MPPT sort of like a DC power supply (to charge some power stations).
0 Likes 0 ·
voltmeister avatar image voltmeister seb71 commented ·
Did not get the current answered in the other thread. What happens to the charge current when changing charge voltage?
0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ voltmeister commented ·

It depends what load you have on the output. Something like a switching power supply would demand more current. A resistive load would consume less current.
Either way, the 12A maximum would remain unchanged. The Voltage would drop when the maximum current threshold is reached.

This is mostly theory though, because using the MPPT without a battery is outside of its design parameters, so a number of strange things could happen instead.

0 Likes 0 ·
voltmeister avatar image voltmeister commented ·
Ok thanks. I just want constant voltage.

Will the charge current change if I change the fixed voltage from 50 to e.g 20v?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic