question

lolo avatar image
lolo asked

parallel victron solar charge controler in large pv system : battery discharge protection equipements?

Hello i have a question about using parallel victron solar charge regulators in large pv system (20kw) with one battery bank. is there any commercial equipment for the battery discharge protection or management since the regulator control only the charge of the battery

Battery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

As you have not mentioned the battery type I am presuming lithium Lipo

There are BMS control systems that monitor the the battery cells and thus can alarm when one cells goes low or high or over them.

one such system is 123smart https://123electric.eu/

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lolo avatar image lolo commented ·

Hello

Thanks you for your response

my question is about the discharge protection of the battery banc since victron energy have solar charge regulator that can be used in paralelle in large pv system when charging only one batery banc

the loads are not connected to the solar charge regulator (since it is not equiped with this type of input for big power rating )

the battery type is not mentioned it can be lithium or othe type

but my question is not only the battery monitor but also the equipement used to cut the connection betwen the battery and the loads to protect the battery and agin reconnect the battery to the loads once the battery have been charged

is there any commerciale equipement to do that (victron or other )

Thanks again

best regards

0 Likes 0 ·
sean avatar image sean lolo commented ·

I use Batrium BMS - fully integrated within ESS to manage the battery, cell under/over voltage, under/over temp, charge rate limiting, discharge rate monitoring, lots of inputs and outputs for turning on/off breakers etc ....

0 Likes 0 ·
chrisryan43 avatar image
chrisryan43 answered ·

How about a Battery Protect? You'll just to have nominate one charge controller to activate the relay. (Or use a battery monitor such as a BMV712)

https://www.victronenergy.com/battery_protect/battery-protect

1 comment
2 |3000

lolo avatar image lolo commented ·

Hello

Thank you very much for your response

i think the victron battery protect is the most interesting

but , neverthless , it is limted in voltage and current , (48v/100A) , so it will not be the best solution for large pv system (about 20kw pv)

i wonder if it exist another commericale solution , or the installer have to set up a costumezied system for disconectong the loads once the battery discharged ?

Best regards

0 Likes 0 ·