question

john bauer avatar image
john bauer asked

Has anybody tried to connect a cerboGX/multiplus to a B&G Zeus2?

I know the Zeus2 is not listed in Victrons list of Chartplotters but I was speaking with a tech person at PKYS and he seems to think with updated software on the Zeus2 that it might be able to do so. Just wanted to see if anyone has tried to connect to one.

thanks

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
jeremyb avatar image
jeremyb answered ·

I have been able to view the Cerbo html5 app on my Zeus 2 (running 18.3).

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

john bauer avatar image john bauer commented ·
ok, that's good news. i updated the software to the latest, 18.3, also when i was last down at my boat. I'm thinking of using the cerboGX with the touch screen and a smartshunt. I've seen set ups with those peripherals plus a 702 or similar hockey puck battery monitor. any reason for this besides redundancy or is there info i don't receive of what i would have? thanks for the quick response.
0 Likes 0 ·
jeremyb avatar image jeremyb john bauer commented ·
As you are working with PKYS, I'd recommend you run questions about your configuration by them. I found Peter to be extremely helpful when I was designing my lithium upgrade with redundant backup.
0 Likes 0 ·
john bauer avatar image john bauer jeremyb commented ·
peter was the one to recommended I ask about zeus2 and cerboGX on this forum. I think i'm going to start with the cerboGX and use the app for a display and grow peripharls from there. thanks again.
0 Likes 0 ·
kurtinge avatar image
kurtinge answered ·

The Zeus2 is working with the HTML5-app if you do some modifications. This mod is explained in another thread and is provided by @Martin (Victron Energy). The solution is as following:

A legacy MFD setting is not an option for us, but there is another way. Since the html5-app is open source, you can download an older version and install this on your GX device since Venus v2.80. Download version 1.7.0 (v2.x.y is not working with Zeus2), unzip the venus-html5-app.tar.gz, create a www folder and rename the dist folder to app and move the app folder to www, so it look like attached picture. Then zip the www folder to venus-data.zip and put the file on a SD card or USB stick and reboot. Then this version will be installed. This will survive firmware updates, so you can use an older version of the html5 app with a newer Venus version. Some internals might have changed, so I don't know if everything is working as expected, but it's worth a try.

1654161761148.png

...............................snip

I've been installing this hack and since then the Vitron app is showing up in the Zeus2 screen. I got so happy as this MFD is too good to be thrown away.
Just bear in mind - the Venus and the Zeus2 needs to be wired to the LAN. I had the Vivtron Venus connected through WLAN and by then it was not working.

2 |3000