question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v2.86 released

Hi,

Released today. Beta aka candidate feed is unchanged: still v2.90~something.

All the best, Matthijs

Venus OS v2.86 released

• Fix communication loss issues with EV Charger
  • MFD HTML5 App: Fix white screen Simrad NSX 3007, 3009 & 3012 MFDs
  • Add support for new Carlo Gavazzi EM530 and EM540 meters, sub-families X and PFC. Part numbers: EM530DINAV53XS1X, EM530DINAV53XS1PFC, EM540DINAV23XS1X, EM540DINAV23XS1PFC. For now, these mainly serve as an alternative for the EM24DINAV53DISX meter, not stocked by Victron, and the recommend meter for larger systems (> 65A per phase).
  • MPPT RS Fix issue with daily tracker history retrieval

Known issue:

• Per Venus OS v2.86, EV Charging stations with firmware version older than 1.21 are no longer properly detected. The charging station will continuously appear and disappear. A new Venus OS version that fixes this, v2.87, is expected within a few days. Meanwhile as a work around, downgrade the GX device to v2.85. At this moment the system will work again. Now, using Remote firmware updates on VRM, update the Charging station. And thereafter update the GX device back to v2.86.
Venus OS
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

n-dee avatar image n-dee commented Ā·

Grid Setpoint keeps getting worse.

-> Setting -20w gives:

1653630248989.png

0 Likes 0 Ā·
1653630248989.png (69.1 KiB)
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·
Hi all, yesterday we released v2.87.

One change only: fix the EV charge station known issue: comms issues between GX device and EV Charge Station when it is running older firmware.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
4 Answers
techoverland avatar image
techoverland answered Ā·

Will this work on a Raspberry Pi 4 B?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bathnm avatar image bathnm commented Ā·
Some of the very early ones, I expect so. Anything that is a revision 1.4 or above will not.
0 Likes 0 Ā·
techoverland avatar image techoverland bathnm commented Ā·
Thanks. I'm not sure which one I have ordered, but I'll guess I'll find out lol.
0 Likes 0 Ā·
vassilis-bourdakis avatar image
vassilis-bourdakis answered Ā·

just an observation (may be OK, not sure!)

running 2.90~3 Large, I can go firmware/online updates/latest release candidate Large and comes up with 2.90~10, which is fine.

If change update feed to Latest Release search comes up with an error during checking.

Does that mean that once you are in release candidate you cannot go to release via the online route, is it temporary or related to large?

tbh not worried as I'll stay in the release candidate Large for some time I guess :-)

V.

2 comments
2 |3000

bathnm avatar image bathnm commented Ā·

@Vassilis Bourdakis I suspect you need to set the Image Type to normal. The large image has only been built into 2.90.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
vassilis-bourdakis avatar image vassilis-bourdakis bathnm commented Ā·
doh, you are right (just checked!) didn't even think of that :-)

thanks

V.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
dereppsteiner avatar image
dereppsteiner answered Ā·

@mvader (Victron Energy) I waited a long time. also in this update no integration of the Mopeka pro gas sensor for buetooth... when will this be possible?

my mopeka pro sensor is already on the table. is there perhaps a beta version?

4 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·
Hi @dereppsteiner I donā€™t know when weā€™ll add the Mopeka sensors. Maybe still in v2.90; maybe not.

Right now weā€™re waiting for some sensors to arrive. Once they arrive weā€™ll need at least a few weeks, and depending on what comes out of testing maybe longer.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
dereppsteiner avatar image dereppsteiner mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

is it possible to take part in the beta test?

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ dereppsteiner commented Ā·
There is no beta test, at least not one organised by Victron. Sorry.
0 Likes 0 Ā·
kurtinge avatar image kurtinge mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

If you are going to put priorities on Mopeka sensors, also water and grey-level sensors are quite interesting together with the gas-sensors. But the water sensors seem a bit problematic to get hands on as both the Canadian and the European distributors either do not ship or do not have them in stock.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
chris-john avatar image
chris-john answered Ā·

Auto update to V2.86 and Cerbo keeps rebooting. Rolled back to V2.85ā€¦..and itā€™s still doing it.

6 comments
2 |3000

Hi @Chris John , is it ok if we login to your Cerbo to diagnose?
0 Likes 0 Ā·
chris-john avatar image chris-john mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·
It is indeed. What do I need to do to enable this?
0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ chris-john commented Ā·
Nothing, I saw you have enabled it already (settings -> general -> remote support)
-1 Like -1 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·
Hi, we checked briefly (more to come) and its actually not your Cerbo rebooting. Its the user interface (gui) that is crashing and then being restarted.

You are not running some modified version, right?

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Show more comments
chris-john avatar image chris-john mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

@mvader (Victron Energy) has there been any progress on this or has it been closed?

0 Likes 0 Ā·

Related Resources