question

zonderzorg avatar image
zonderzorg asked

MultiPlus 24/5000 not inverting from battery.

My MultiPlus 24/5000 has stopped inverting from the battery. Connected to shore power, all is fine, but unplugged, I get a low battery alarm, and the system immediately shuts down. The battery tests fully charged – actually overcharged at 28.2v, The same voltage enters the Multiplus, but nothing comes out.

Multiplus-IIinverter rs
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@ZonderZorg What settings do you have in the config file? That would be the first place I would check. Make sure all the settings are correct for your battery type. I would also test the voltage on each of the DC connections between the batteries and the Multiplus, just to make sure you have not got a failed connection or blown fuse. A overheated joint or connection can cause a connection to create a voltage drop due to the resistance of a cooked connector. Speaking form experience on that one as I had a incorrectly fitted washer on a busbar which had a 10v drop from the battery side to the inverter. Took it apart to find a black and over cooked copper washer that had burnt to destruction under the 70mm cable connection.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

zonderzorg avatar image zonderzorg commented ·
Thank you. I tested the same 28.2v entering the inverter, then I found a blown switch. Problem solved – except for the replacement.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic