question

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem asked

Grid Parallel Overview: which tiles needed

I'm looking at a new layout for the Grid Parallel Overview to be incorporated into my GuiMods.

Recent changes to the system (some of which are still pending) add several devices many want to see on the flow overview.

The layout I'm considering places the Multi and Battery in the center of the screen, leaving space for 4-5 device tiles along each side of the screen.

Space for 4 tiles are available if the temps and tanks tiles are shown at the bottom, 5 if not.

I have identified the following possible tiles for the left side:

• AC Input
  • AC Loads on Input (AC Loads in original Grid Parallel)
  • PV Inverter on Input
  • Fuel Cell
  • Alternator

and

for the right side:

• AC Output (Critical Loads on original Grid Parallel)
  • PV Inverter on Output
  • Wind
  • PV Charger
  • DC System

For cases where all items in a column were in use, I'd hide one of them. In order to choose the item to hide, I need to know which items are in common use and which one people would choose to hide.

Note: because of the flow lines, it is not possible to make the tile sections scroll!

Questions:

1. Are there any items in the lists above that you do NOT find in systems you deploy?
  2. Same question for future systems.
  3. Which tile in each list would you choose to hide?
  4. Would you prefer to not show temps and tanks and have space for all 5 items in each column?
  5. Is AC Loads on Input (aka AC Loads) is the same as AC Out 2 loads?
  6. If AC Output is just output 1 is a separate AC Out 2 tile needed? Is this information available? This would add a 6th tile in the right hand column to prioritize.
  7. Tile height for each item could be reduced if no power value is shown in the tile. That is just a gauge indicating power relative to system limits. That should allow space for 5 tiles on each side. Is that something you'd be comfortable with?

I should mention this would be a change in GuiMods. Also, many are using the Grid Parallel overview for other than hub-4 systems because it displays more information. GuiMods allows the selection of "normal" and "grid parallel" flow.

I'd be interested in any other comments you have.

Thanks for your input.

gui modsgrid parallel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic