question

ako avatar image
ako asked

Where to Plug into Cerbo

img-20220422-184013.jpgCan someone please tell me where i plug my older MPPT into the Cerbo so that i can set it up and monitor it . The MPPT has only 2 x RJ45 , theres no Victron Direct , Bluetooth or any other type of connection .

Also there were 2 x blue dummy RJ45s , what are they used for and are they important , if so where do they plug in , they look like blanks . The only pieces of equipment that i plan to run with the Cerbo is the Multiplus and Blue Solar MPPT in the photo . The Cerbo was bought primarily so that those items can be monitored remotely in real time and historic performance .

I appreciate all the answers and advice im receiving , i am reading a lot also but its a steep learning curve for me as Victron and the monitoring communication can be quite confusing until broken down into bite size pieces and there are a lot of small uncertainties that i should clarify before physically connecting .

Dave

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Connect a cable from one of the ports on the MPPT to one the VE.CAN ports on the CerboGX. Use a normal computer ethernet cable
Now put one of the blue terminators in the empty port of theMPPT and the other terminator into the empty port of the CerboGX end. Yes, you need to use the terminators for sure.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ako avatar image
ako answered ·

Thanks Wkirby for clarifying that , do you know what the cable from the MPPT to the Cerbo GX is for as i cant find it showing on Victron Connect or VRM and theres nothing in the manual about it other than the unit has 2 RJ45s , they dont mention why .

2 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
I think your MPPT is to old to work with the VRM and VictronConnect.
0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·
If it is connected correctly, then it should just show up. These are old units, but they do work, I have seen installations with these running to this day.
0 Likes 0 ·