question

chrichri avatar image
chrichri asked

Where can I enable and disable Multi Plus2 AES mode on Cerbo GX?

Is there only the possibility to add a physical switch to Aux and doing this by an general flag assistant or is there any chance to do it more comfortable by the Cerbo GX display?

THX

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@chrichri

AES is programmed directly onto the Victron itself with an Mk3.

The function is found in the inverter section.

It automatically activates and deactivates based on the load and parameters you set there.

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chrichri avatar image chrichri commented ·

Hi Alexandra, thanks, this I know. I set it to "enable AES mode" and search mode.

No the objective is:

Capability to disable AES in times where the only load is a smartphone charger.

Reasoning: If the load is too low (charger), AES switches on and off all the time.

Possibilities: Program an assistants with the help of "assistant general flag" and assistant programmable relay to use AUX1 to switch on/off the general flag.

This works fine but needs an external "physical" switch connected to AUX1.

The question is: Is there a possibility to enable and disable AES in the settings menu of the Inverter seen in the Cerbo GX or is there any plan to overrule the AES settings as it was done for the AC input current limiter by a simple button on the screen.

0 Likes 0 ·
pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell chrichri commented ·
You should be able to use relay 2 on the Cerbo GX to activate AUX1 on the inverter and then manually operate the relay on the Cerbo GX.
0 Likes 0 ·
chrichri avatar image chrichri pwfarnell commented ·
Exactly this is the way it is done today ;- )
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ chrichri commented ·
@chrichri

If you use AES modified sine wave the phone charger wont care. And you will still save battery.

0 Likes 0 ·
chrichri avatar image chrichri Alexandra ♦ commented ·
But this mode does only reduce consumption by 20%. This is not useful.

The search mode reduces from 1,5A to 40mA ! This is a significant reduction...

0 Likes 0 ·
chrichri avatar image
chrichri answered ·

Maybe Victron will sometime add a setting to the VRM to enabled and disable AES more easily ...

Until then I use the "classic" way of AUX1 to a remote switch...

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

You could connect the AUX input to a relay from the Cerbo and that relay can be switched via the remote console of the Cerbo.

Maybe you can add a button to the main overview with the GUI mod.

https://community.victronenergy.com/idea/105909/guimods2-replaces-guimods.html

0 Likes 0 ·