question

contender avatar image
contender asked

Duracell Marine 12 volt settings for MPPT 75/15 solar controller

I have 2 Duracell 12 volt series 27 maintenance-free marine batteries for my 24 volt Floe boat lift. I am using a Victron MPPT 75/15 solar controller with a Newpowa 30W(Watt) Solar Panel High-Efficiency Monocrystalline 24V PV Module

. Could you please direct me to the source source for the bulk charging, absorption, and float settings for this charging system ? Thank you!

MPPT Controllersvoltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @CONTENDER

VictronConnect.. https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/software

But you may need a bluetooth dongle if the mppt is non-smart and standalone.

30W isn't much panel though. Barely enough to cover self discharge of those batts.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

contender avatar image
contender answered ·

Thanks for the prompt reply.
I have room on the frame for 2 of these 30W panels. These should be in parallel or series for better power?
Where can I get the proper charge settings for these type batteries?

2 comments
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·
@CONTENDER

Depends on the Voc (not Vmp) of the panels, but if true '24V' then series will likely be too much for the 75V limit. Parallel them, that's fine into 12V batts.

The maker should supply that. If unavailable, the mppt (if new) should have aboard the Gel(2) preset, which is 14.4V Absorb, 13.8V Float, a mild Temp comp factor and (I think) Adaptive Abs time. That should be fine, and you could just check progress with a multimeter if you chose not to bother accessing the settings.

0 Likes 0 ·
contender avatar image contender JohnC ♦ commented ·
Many thanks. Your prompt reply is greatly appreciated!
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic