question

pieterpost avatar image
pieterpost asked

Mount EasySolar 12/1600 Sideways?

Hey Everyone,

I bought an EasySolar 12v/1600 for my (soon to be) campervan. It now seems my vertical mounting possibilities are limited. Would it be possible to mount it horitzontal/sideways? I can't see why this would negatively impact the device but I'm not quite sure.

Thanks for you advice in advance!

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@PieterPost

Heat. And then derating of power output because of heat. The fans do help but heat does like to go up, so they will run more. If you can live with that, then it should be fine.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
@PieterPost

The easysolar fan is noisy, especially in a campervan. But the unit works well. Very pleased with mine.

Suggestion make sure it has good ventilation and is installed in a box with some sound deadening. This will make you heat problems worse, but cut the noise on AC. Design in some external thermostatically controlled external ventilation fans. You can get these (sold for fridge installations) or build your own with computer fans and a thermostat.

0 Likes 0 ·
pieterpost avatar image pieterpost kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
I had no idea there even was a fan in there! I assumed it was cooled passively. Thanks for the tip!
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ pieterpost commented ·
It's a combination. Convection from bottom to top plus fan by the inverter/charger. The solar part is passive, so airflow through the unit is important.
0 Likes 0 ·