question

Google LocalGuide avatar image
Google LocalGuide asked

Question about MP2 with on-grid inverter

How to display a negative power out on the overview as this photo shows? I'd like to display the AC output power instead the AC loads, which as shown cant be negative.

Thanks a lot in advance.

vic01.png

vic02.png

Multiplus-IIinverter rsmicrogrid
vic01.png (40.9 KiB)
vic02.png (44.4 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jason - UK avatar image Jason - UK commented ·
Like this?
0 Likes 0 ·
1652371560398.png (54.3 KiB)
Google LocalGuide avatar image Google LocalGuide commented ·
More like shown on the Victron itself. When using the display itself there is the ac output power in negative range while online it’s just 0
0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@h3lix As far as I am aware, the value of the AC loads is a calculated figure taking form the measured current on ACin along with the power output from the inverter. I dont think i has a specific way of measuring the AC out unless you add a meter to the AC out. I (when it is working) have a current senor on my PV AC feed which then shows my laods in its calculated value after subtracting the solar generation.

Click on the below YouTube link should both versions of VRM, let me know if this is what you mean.

https://youtu.be/a0QXKCuvZn4

Watch the 2nd half of the video.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shaneyake avatar image
shaneyake answered ·

Loads can not be negative as they are loads.

It looks like you have a PV inverter on the output of the inverter. That PV inverter needs to communicate to the GX if it can't communicate then you will need to install a meter on the PV inverters output so that the GX knows that the PV inverter is outputting and is able to calculate your loads.

2 |3000

Google LocalGuide avatar image
Google LocalGuide answered ·

Thanks a lot! I just leave it as it is.

2 |3000

Related Resources

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic