question

cochy avatar image
cochy asked

Easy solar set up

Hi community!

My first question on here so go easy on me. I’m setting up a system and looking at the EasySolar 24/3000/70/50 MPPT 150/70

What would be the best solar panels to go for? 12v or 24v? As the open circuit voltage on the mppt can be up to 150v could I run 2x 24v panels in series to the mppt with a voc of 40v per panel?

Thanks in advance

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Victron have a nice online mppt configurator tool.

Look at putting about 2400w (or so) of panels on the mppt.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Also consider battery size. You don't want to be pushing 70A through a small battery bank. Same goes for power output. At full output you'll be pulling 120A or more.

3 comments
2 |3000

cochy avatar image cochy commented ·
What would you consider to be a small / ok sized battery bank?
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ cochy commented ·
Sorry, but maths time.

Your 3000W inverter will draw up to about 120A. So the battery must be capable of sustaining this. With LiFePo4 this means starting at 300Ah at 24V. With lead, 1200Ah. In both cases more is better and check the makers specifications. The batteries must also be able to sustain the load for as long as you need it and be recharged in reasonable time. Pay attention to cable sizes. This current level needs a lot of copper.

0 Likes 0 ·
cochy avatar image cochy kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Thank you for the advice :)
0 Likes 0 ·