question

busta999 avatar image
busta999 asked

Anyone used Leoch Lithium batteries with Multiplus II?

My Victron installer is recommending Leoch LFeLi-48100T (48V 100Ah) batteries, 4x5kWh to be attached to a Multiplus II 48/5000/70-50 230V

They do not appear to be supported by Victron.

Does anyone know anything about these?

Multiplus-IILithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Just type "leoch" into the search bar at the top and you will see questions on the subject.

They might work fine, they might not.

Lithium batteries work best with a BMS that connects to the GX, without it the wheels can wobble.

Standard disclaimer applies:

Unsupported 3rd Party Battery BMS

There are many other 3rd party options on the market, and some claim compatibility with Victron. If they are not listed above, from Victron's perspective they are considered untested, and unsupported.

Ongoing support and features may be limited if you use a 3rd party battery that is not listed as supported above.

While we always recommend to use the known-compatible options above first, if you choose an unsupported option please seek support from that 3rd party supplier.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

busta999 avatar image busta999 commented ·

“Just type "leoch" into the search bar at the top and you will see questions on the subject.”

Yes I did that before posting, but only found one relevant answer from 3 years ago, I posted the question, because sometimes things change over time.

The Victron installer was recommended by Victron and it appears the Leoch lithium batteries are largely used commercially seems to explain the lack of usage in domestic settings.

0 Likes 0 ·