question

artroos avatar image
artroos asked

Remotely manage Victron devices with bluetooth

In VictronConnect you can see all the necessary information about the Victron bluetooth devices. I would also like to view that information remotely. The current Victron solutions are nice, but cannot remotely display devices without a VE direct connection (Orion, for example). I'm looking for a solution that can view the VictronApp remotely (Via network/4g/etc). Are there devices that make it possible to view the VictronConnect App remotely? Thank you for the assistance!

Bluetoothdashboard display
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Sarah avatar image
Sarah answered ·

Hi - I am not aware of any special apps for Bluetooth devices but apparently Victron are working at present on enabling remote access for VE.CAN connected devices (via VRM/Cerbo) in VictronConnect. I realise that excludes the Orion but it does include Lynx Smart Shunt and some VE.CAN enabled SmartSolar MPPTs.

My workaround for the Orions was to install SmartShunts. In addition to giving me voltage/current and remote access in VictronConnect I can log the data in VRM.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

artroos avatar image
artroos answered ·

Hi Sarah,

It is indeed a workaround. Thanks for replying! The best thing would be that for example the Cerbo receives all Bluetooth signals and put them on the VRM network!

1 comment
2 |3000

Sarah avatar image Sarah commented ·

I agree! There is so much potential for integrating the Smart Orions into the product family that has been missed.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

VictronConnect bluetooth troubleshooting guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic