question

baronner avatar image
baronner asked

Quattro II stuck in passthru: no ESS and default settings [SOLVED]

Saturday, I updated my Quattro II (24/5000/120, 230V) from 4.94 to 4.96 with the VRM/Cerbo remote upgrade procedure. After upgrading everything worked fine.

Because of some maintenance on the system on Sunday, I turned the Quattro on and off several times. But now it starts up with Low Battery LED and stays in Passthru-mode. Charging and inverting is not possible anymore. Tabular plate batteries are in good condition and fully charged (25,5V measured by Quattro battery monitor and Smartshunt).

The Quattro works in a system together with a Cerbo GX, Digital Multi Control and Smartshunt 1000A. All running on the lastest firmware.

I tried the following (with no luck):

- Started system with no load on outputs

- Checked battery connections, measured 25,5V with a Voltmeter on Quattro battery terminals

- Quattro off, batteries disconnected and connected again, Quattro on

- Removed ESS-assistant with VE-configure

- Removed DVCC in Cerbo-menu

- Changed Grid-country and set to 'no grid'

- Activated the Quattro battery monitor in VE-configure

- Set Cerbo to use Quattro battery monitor instead over the shunt

- Set Quattro to default settings with VE-configure

- Started Quattro without Temp and V+ sensors

- Replaced the UTP cable between Quattro and Cerbo

- Started Quattro without VE-Bus-connection (Cerbo and/or Digital Multi Control) **)

Any help, any clou would be appreciated. The alternative is sending the Quattro II to the dealer, but i can't affort to miss the unit for a long period.

**) Some strange occurs while doing the last action: the Quattro won't start at all with the Digital Multi Control disconnected and the Cerbo connected. LED Overload gives a short flash, then the LED LOW Battery is on for a second. Then a multiple seconds no LED's, and then it repeats itself.

So rolling back the firmware to 4.94 isn't possible anymore, because I have no MK3-cable and for new firmware the Digital Multi Control needs to be disconnected.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerlow battery warning
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
baronner avatar image
baronner answered ·

Yesterday I went to the dealer. With the MK3-cable we were able to re-install the 4.96 firmware and the issues were solved. Strangely this was the first time the dealer (largest Victron dealer in the Netherlands) saw a software/OS boot failure.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.