question

mihaimicu avatar image
mihaimicu asked

ESS setup for fronius on AC IN side

Hi all. Is it necessary to add in the setup of the Assistant ESS. That I have a pv on ac out if the pv is on ac in ? I ask the question because I have a small problem.

System design 3 phase multi 48/5000/70 with fronius symo 8.3-2 ( 7.0 kw pv panels) on ac in side.

In the ESS Assistant I answered no acpv on out side.

During mid day the fronius is showing production on 8.2 kw even if the pv panels are 7.0 kw... can someone tell me where to look at ?

screenshot-20220501-005930-samsung-internet.jpg

Can I set somehow to be 7.0?

Froniusfrequencyac coupling
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Buckley Davy avatar image
Buckley Davy answered ·

Hi @Mihaimicu could you clarify a little further please...are you wanting the Fronius to netmeter when there is excess PV available? If not, and it is on the input side of the Victron, then the Fronius will need some mechanism by which to measure current flow, along with a set of instructions on how to behave accordingly. For this we normally use one of the Fronius meters to accomplish this, in your case a single phase meter would be needed. The meter is typically installed at the feedin point, and then connected to the Fronius using a modbus cable. Then in the Fronius settings, you can configure it to produce according to demand from the system rather than ramping up to full capacity, as it seems to be doing in your case. It should not be necessary to configure the Victron as you correctly surmise, as the PV inverter is on the input side.

A note on the overproduction that you are experiencing, remember that panels are rated at the factory, based on standard test conditions (STC). We have often seen higher production than the STC rating, as here in Zimbabwe, our irradience is very high and well suited to PV production. I am not sure where your installation is in the world, but this could be an explanation for what you are witnessing.

I hope this is of some use to you?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

@Mihaimicu

That 8200kW, in the red circle, is a set limit. Fronius production at that moment is 7760.35kW.

2 |3000