question

irush avatar image
irush asked

BMV-712 Not showing Consumed Ah

My BMV-712 is installed and connected to a Battleborn 100Ah LiFeP04 Battery. It shows and records charge currents correctly, but during discharge (from the battery only) is shows current draw but the Consumed Ah remains at 0Ah and the Time remaining at infinite. This was tested over 24hrs with a 1.2A draw. After 24hrs, the consumed Ah remained at 0Ah and time remaining at infinite, and state of charge at 100%!!. I then connected shore power and charging began. Current (see picture below) showed -25.7A and Consumed Ah showed -11Ah with Time remaining at 1h 24m (remaining charge time). I have calibrated 0 current and sync'ed the fully charged state. I have only had 1 full discharge cycle, then lost all power as batt shutoff due to this issue, and now in a second discharge cycle.

Question is why no Consumed Ah displaying during discharge? Appears the HW is working and measuring.... Are multiple discharge cycles needed or ???

Two pictures attached from the app. First is battery discharging at 1.2A after 24 hours. Second is battery recharging after shore power plugged in.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

BMV Battery Monitor
bmv-batt-drawing.jpg (198.7 KiB)
bmv-charge.jpg (200.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

It seems to me that your shunt is wired back to front. Make sure the battery site goes on the BAT side and loads connect to the LOAD side.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

irush avatar image
irush answered ·

Appears to be "classic" battery cables reversed on Shunt connection! Self diagnosed!!

2 |3000

kuban-invertor avatar image
kuban-invertor answered ·

Negative current values should indicate the discharge process, and without the minus sign, it means a charge

2 |3000

ollirita avatar image
ollirita answered ·

I know this is an old thread but mine just did the same thing. 1000W solar Victron MPPT and BMV-712 showing 0 Ah, although I have furnace, TV and lights on and running, MPPT shows around 7A draw and +39A Charge at around +500W. We changed the MPPT controller to a larger one, before that BMV was working fine.

First Picture has all the load side including solar charger and Victron smart battery monitor for temperature.

20221101-120114.jpg

Nothing but battery negative connected to "Battery Only" side.

20221101-120119.jpg

screenshot-20221031-115733.jpg

3 comments
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Did you reprogram the battery settings? And has the system had a full charge since fitting the new battery.
0 Likes 0 ·
ollirita avatar image ollirita kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Yes to both, using Victron Lifepo4 preprogrammed settings on the controller
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ ollirita commented ·
Probably needed to see a full charge before it counts consumption.
0 Likes 0 ·
ollirita avatar image
ollirita answered ·

Nevermind, this morning all is good. I guess the system had to reconfigure itself to the new controller.

screenshot-20221102-104857.jpgImage Caption

screenshot-20221102-104857.jpg

2 |3000