question

fritz-hodges avatar image
fritz-hodges asked

SOC Displays <100% when Fully Charged

I've noticed recently that when my battery is fully charged, the voltage is where it needs to be, and chargers are entering float mode, my SOC is often displaying around 90-95% instead of 100% as expected. I am able to resolve this by going into the Battery Settings and using the "Synchronize SOC to 100%" feature, but then the next time my battery drains down and re-charges it does the same thing. This is with the BMV-712 Smart Battery Monitor.

SOC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

Hello @Fritz Hodges , you need to set the “Charged Voltage” on the BMV to about 0.2volt below the Absorption voltage set on the charger. If that is set correctly, during the absorption phase, when the voltage reaches the level you set and current reduces meaning the battery is full, the BMV will deem the batteries full and synchronise them to 100%. The important parameters are “Charged Voltage” as discussed, the “Trailing Current” which sets the level of current to deem the Batteries to be full and the time it must be in that state. When these three parameters meet those settings, the BMV will synchronise the level to 100%

The SOC of the batteries must go below 90% before this cycle can take place so very light discharges do not allow synchronisation to take place.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic