question

Colin Mills avatar image
Colin Mills asked

VRM - data missing battery consumption/usage with Batrium BMS?

This has been seen before, about a year ago, but has cropped up again.

screenshot-2022-04-27-at-112040.png

At the beginning of March 2022 I updated the Batrium firmware and the charge/discharge values disappeared from the VRM. A few days ago in the Color GX I switched the battery monitor from the Batrium to the BMV and the values have started to log again.

So the obvious problem is a change to the Batrium firmware. However I may have updated the Colr GX to the latest s/w around the same time.

And the Batrium appears to be spitting out the kWh in and kWh out values

screenshot-2022-04-27-at-112743.png

This is a snapshot of the values the Batrium spits out as UDP messages on the WiFi. I can't verify what/if the data to sent over the CAN Bus or how they are tagged.

screenshot-2022-04-27-at-113104.png

Thanks in advance

Colin

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
David avatar image
David answered ·

It’s not due to the firmware - I’ve had this issue myself before. I’m running latest firmware and can confirm it’s working.

It’s got somthing to do with the Batrium and it’s current state. I can’t remember how to fix, but it had somthing to do with syncing the settings to the mons or somthing. I’ll have a look a bit later to see if I can jog my memory

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Colin Mills avatar image Colin Mills commented ·
Thanks for the response. Do you have the 'has DC system' setting checked as I've read in previous posts that having this OFF will avoid the issue.
0 Likes 0 ·
David avatar image David Colin Mills commented ·
I have it off.
0 Likes 0 ·