question

mbischa avatar image
mbischa asked

Cerbo GX relay to control dump load.

I have a Cerbo, Smart Shunt and Smart Solar 100/30. I want to use the Cerbo relay to turn on a load when SOC is above 95% and off if below 80%. The purpose is to use the Hot Water Load as a dump load when the SOC is high, but not get to low. The generator start settings won't let the Start be above the Stop level. Any suggestions

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
liam-hogan avatar image
liam-hogan answered ·

Hi @mbischa,

The way I do this is with automations using Node-Red which is available through the Venus OS Large firmware. You can program a lot of custom behaviours like this but it is an advanced setup that requires some experience.

This is a really common question for the Cerbo GX though which has been mentioned lots of times. There may be a simpler solution - have a look through the existing forums and you might find the answer you're looking for.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

northtown2022 avatar image northtown2022 commented ·

@Liam Hogan I am a novice Node-Red user. Basically I have just set it up and watched a few tutorial videos. I'm also looking to customoize GX to trigger a dump load. I would like to trigger relay#2 based on SOC and likely other factors.

Can you please share an example of the flow you are using?

0 Likes 0 ·