question

dc4me avatar image
dc4me asked

Victron Orion-Tr smart won't let me update version to latest.

I have firmware v1.06 and when I try to update it says I have the latest version. How do I get to v1.08?

firmware update
6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
More information please, what product do you have? How do you want to update?
0 Likes 0 ·
dc4me avatar image dc4me Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Sorry about lack of info. Silly me! I am using Victron Orion-Tr smart Isolated DC-DC 12/12 V 18 A charger. I was told by Stefanie "VictronConnect v5.59 contains a new firmware (v1.08) for the Orion smart which allows for minimum absorption time 0h when fixed absorption time is selected or 30 minutes with adaptive absorption time selected."

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ dc4me commented ·
Which version of VictronConnect do you have installed on your mobile device?
0 Likes 0 ·
dc4me avatar image dc4me Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

It is v5.59

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ dc4me commented ·

The firmware is part of victron connect. But that's the latest version of connect in the playstore

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ dc4me commented ·

Looks like I missed a version in the changelog. Sorry for the confusion. It requires VictronConnect v5.70beta1. This version also has the new firmware for the Orion smart.

v5.70beta1 is a beta version. You decide whether you want to install the version or wait for the next official release.

Changelog and download links here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:beta#v570beta1

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers