question

Henk avatar image
Henk asked

Cerbo bluetooth does not work after update to v2.85

Hi

2 days ago I updated my Cerbo from V2.83 to V2.85.
Update went well. But when I opened the victronconnect app I couldn't see my Cerbo anymore, only the VRM version I can see.
When I opened VRM I found out the ruuvitags didn't update anymore in the arm since the update.
Because the Victron app and the ruuvitags work by bluetooth and both not visible anymore it seems like the bluetooth doesn't work anymore.

What did I try.
*Rebooted phone and Cerbo.
*Tried another phone.
*Deleted bluetooth connection from Cerbo (as the help in the app recommends)*t
*Turned the bluetooth off and on in the Cerbo

Then I was looking into downgrading it to V2.83 because I think this is a good test to see if it is really because of the update. But I can not find anywhere the download of V2.83. Where can I find this?
And are there anymore things to try to maybe solve the problem?

Thank you in advance,
Henk

cerbo gx
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chris-john avatar image chris-john commented ·
Having exactly the same issue
0 Likes 0 ·
7 Answers
ponzoa avatar image
ponzoa answered ·

My Ruuvi tags are working on a Cerbo with v2.85. Have you tried closing your Ruuvi app to release that connection of the tags to your phone so they can connect to the Cerbo?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Henk avatar image Henk commented ·

I did not try close the ruuvi app. Because in victron connect i also couldnt see my cerbo on bluetooth.

0 Likes 0 ·
jdsadventures avatar image
jdsadventures answered ·

Same issue here Bluetooth not working on Cerbo GX after firmware update. Following.

1 comment
2 |3000

Here it works now with the same firmware.

I had my cerbo off the electrics for like an hour (not the ten seconds i tried before) and after that it worked really good. I hope it also works for you soon.(with this simple solution)

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Ruuvi tags are working on my Cerbo running v2.85.

You may find v2.84 in the Stored backup firmware if you want to back down to that version to test/recover.

2 comments
2 |3000

Where can i find stored backup? in the cerbo?

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem Henk commented ·
Menu / Device List / Settings / Firmware / Stored backup firmware
0 Likes 0 ·
Henk avatar image
Henk answered ·

Okay a little correction.

The ruuvitags work. The cerbo is visible in victron connect but doesnt want to connect.

De cerbo is grey instead of blue in victron connect after trying to connect.

2 |3000

Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Henk

I tested this on 3 Cerbo GX. All 3 work fine with Venus OS 2.85.

At first I also thought that there was a problem with Bluetooth, as the interface took quite a long time to finally initialize. But looking more closely, nothing has changed compared to older Venus OS versions.

As for the grayed out Cerbo GX icon in VictronConnect, it indicates that some other mobile device or computer has an existing connection to the Cerbo GX. Make sure VictronConnect is terminated on all other devices or even remove the paring from the Bluetooth device list of your mobile devices.
The VictronConnect Troubleshooting Guide is a great help if you follow it step by step.

Above all, you should also personalize the PIN code. Otherwise anyone with VictronConnect would have access to your Cerbo GX. You never know ;-)
In our Marina I can easily access several Victron Smart devices on other boats because they still use the default PIN. If I connect to one of these devices and forget to close VictronConnect, it will keep the connection and the owner won't be able to connect because only one connection at a time is allowed.

2 |3000

chris-john avatar image
chris-john answered ·

I've had issues running 2.85 also. Toggle Bluetooth in settings and Bluetooth LED just won’t come on. I turned off Ruuvi tags and still no luck. I’ve also had the unit rebooting a few times a day (could be more but I’ve notice it reboot a few times). I’ve gone back to 2.84 and Bluetooth toggle works. Going to monitor for the reboot issue now.

1 comment
2 |3000

chris-john avatar image chris-john commented ·
Nope still rebooting so going to go back to 2.85 and turn off Bluetooth on Ruuvi tags to see if that stops it rebooting
0 Likes 0 ·
Miles Carter avatar image
Miles Carter answered ·

Updated from 2.84 to 2.86 and lost all Ruuvi tags. Rolled back to 2.84 and Ruuvi tags still disappeared. Done the usual bluetooth off/on etc but no difference. Can't add new Ruuvi tags either which makes me think bluetooth radio broken in this update.

I guess only fix is factory reset of the unit (annoyingly)?

2 |3000