question

nmac5200 avatar image
nmac5200 asked

Cerbo GX won't update to v2.85

This evening I checked for firmware updates for my Cerbo GX running v2.84.

Found 2.85 was available on the latest release channel.

Checked out the change log and decided to go ahead with an online update.

The first time I tried it the unit says "installing V2.85" and that's it. Waited 10 minutes for a reboot - nothing. It's not hung and still responds to commands via the touchscreen or over the network.

Only way to remove "installing V2.85" was a reboot.

Tried again after a power cycle. This time "installing V2.85" stayed on the screen until the install firmware line switched back to "Press to update to V2.85".

Now that button and the "check for updates" button are not functional. The Cerbo seems to be working fine otherwise. A reboot reactivates the "check for updates" button.

There's definitely something weird happening with the online update mechanism.

Never seen this kind of behavior before . . . ideas?

Venus OS
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nmac5200 avatar image nmac5200 commented ·

Forget to mention that the firmware remains at V2.84 throughout all of this . . .

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
aph avatar image
aph answered ·

Exact the same behaviour in a RasPI.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

southsideph avatar image
southsideph answered ·

I have three installation Running, 2 on RasPi 3B+ 1 on ParPi 3B, Studio, Show Trailer, camper. Have you any VE.Bus devices attached?

Both the Studio and the Show Trailer updated without issue, the camper exhibited the same.

The two differences are the camper has VE.Bus (Multiplus) via interface MK3-USB and is on mobile (GSM) network. I unplugged the interface MK3-USB and the RasPi updated without issue now running on 2.85. Either VE.Bus device (thinking Cerbo GX) or very slow GSM network and just took a much longer time.

Hope this helps.

R

2 |3000

nmac5200 avatar image
nmac5200 answered ·

Good info - thanks.

Yes, the Cerbo GX has a VE.Bus connected with 2x Multipluses on the bus ; and yes, the download was via a very slow connection - I am at sea just now.

Rather than start disconnecting mission critical stuff, I have decided to hold off until I am tied to a dock with some decent internet and shore power.

Historically Cerbo updates have installed without any issues and I expected this one would as well.

But the good news for now is that everything continues to work properly with 2.84.

2 |3000

Related Resources