question

vectra avatar image
vectra asked

Wish to the developers / Easy on/off for charging / MultiPlus

Hello,

I can easily set the shore power limit on my MultiPlus 12/1600/70. This is great and I use this at low fuse campgrounds. But I would like to leave the charging of my battery to the solar cells. However, this is only cumbersomely possible at the MultiPlus, via the MK3-USB interface. Very inconvenient.

It would be wonderful if you could enable/disable charging as easily as setting the charge current limit. Please dear developers, include this in the next update for the MultiPlus.

Thanks and greetings,
Markus.

development
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Take a look at the "Charge current control" assistant. With that you can switch the charge current to 0 with a simple switch.

Schau dir mal den Assistenten " Ladestromsteuerung" an, damit kann man mit einem einfachen Schalter den Ladestrom auf 0 setzen.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

vectra avatar image vectra commented ·

Hallo und Danke für den Tipp.

Kannst Du mir das evtl. etwas näher erklären?

... im DVCC? Aber dort stelle ich den gesamten Ladestrom, also zusammen mit dem MPPT, ein. Hmmmm....

0 Likes 0 ·
vectra avatar image
vectra answered ·

Hello,

my wish still exists!
(I just couldn't get any further with the assistants.)

But I still have one question. If I want to change or adjust the charging of the Multi with the MK3-USB interface, I always first disconnect the Cerbo GX from the Multi (pull out the network cable). Then I connect the PC with the MK3-USB interface. Can I keep the Cerbo GX connected (in parallel) when I connect the PC? Or is it better to only connect one device to the Multi at a time?

Greetings, Markus.

P.S.
Sorry for my bad English. My mother tongue is German.

2 |3000

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Vectra

I note you've asked the MK3 question again, so I won't go there.

But to give your solar priority, adjust the Multi's Absorb and Float V's to just below those of the mppt. Like 0.1V should be plenty, especially if you're using DVCC. Depends on the battery type somewhat, but if using Pb batteries you could just set a flat Float V in the Multi.

1 comment
2 |3000

vectra avatar image vectra commented ·

Hello and many thanks for the answer.

The MK3 (parallel connection to the Cerbo GX possible?) has already been answered elsewhere.

I think the suggestion with the reduced volt number on the multi is quite good. But it's not really a solution yet. During the day when the sun is shining, it will work. Then when night comes and the MPPT stops working, the Multi will start to work and charge the batteries overnight. There is nothing left for the sun to do the next day.

Please do not get this wrong. I am very happy with my system. Everything works great. Only the fact that I can't set the charging function in the Cerbo GX as easily as other functions led to my request here.

So thanks again and best regards,
Markus.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic