question

airdriver avatar image
airdriver asked

Multiplus charger

I have the Multiplus 24/2000 with MPPT 100/50 and 6 panels on the roof.
Two new lead batteries each 280Ah.
If I let the charger run at 6 pm, switch to the inverter mode after 14 hours,
in completely bad weather, the BMV switches after about 8 hours (load was about 11A) (V <24.4) the multi with his relay in the network operation. Then the charge state is at 90%.
With an acid siphon, I also notice after fully charging that the batteries are not full at all.
I have 32qmm cable between battery and Multiplus.
What's wrong?
charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I do not understand your question or what you want answered.

please send a wiring diagram of your site and how everything is connected and a better exclamation of what you are having a problem with, Saying my battery's are flate does not help as you have given no voltages for the batteries. and the BMV switchs after 8 hrs ???? what does this mean as the BMV monitors do not switch anything.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

airdriver avatar image
airdriver answered ·

The BMV controls the Multiplus on the Temperature ring via its Relay. At V<24.4 or Charge state < 70%, the Relay shuts down and the Multiplus switches AC through. The Batteries (new) will be recharged by the MPPT the NEXT Day.

When the BMV switches < 24.4V, it displays a Loading Capacity of about SOC 90%. This also happens when I have used the Loader of Multipluss 12h and the Batteries have to be full.

I do not believe that the Batteries are fully charged, even from the Loader of the Multiplus.

IMG_0058.jpg

img-0058.jpg (968.9 KiB)
img-0057.jpg (844.2 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

This helps somewhat I think when you say "loader" you Mean "charger"

You should get some proper advise from your local Victron dealer. So it would be best that you contact them as this is all about system design and setup

So the questions ARE

1. what type of batteries are you using and have you set the Multi's charger settings to and are they at the correct voltages for your batteries. (How have you set these settings would also help)

2. have you set the BMV to have all the correct settings to suit your battery size and specs inc the Battery capacity ie Amp Hours size. (Please advise whats settings you have set)

3. What are the battery voltages after they have been charged by the multi's charger, and then left sitting for 1 hr with no charge or discharge occurring ie full should be around 25.4 volts (AGM lead acid) (And also at the end of the day after the solar has finished please advise the voltages again)

4. what power is being drawn off the multi in total over the day

5. what size are the panels and what is the daily average output

6. In the MPPT 100/50 unit there is a history please use a bluetooth dongle and the victron connect app on your phone and screen capture the last 7 days of history from the unit.

0 Likes 0 ·
airdriver avatar image
airdriver answered ·

BMV 700 Settings 1-6:

1-280AH, 2-27.2V, 3-3%, 4-3min, 5-1.25, 6-95%

The Batteries are 4 Weeks old. But my Question is (a Test of whether the Battery is fully charged):

I turn on the Charger at the Multiplus. Batteries are discharged VTILIANS 25V. According to Tension and Acid Credits, the figure is around 50% SOC. The Multiplus charges all night. Next Morning, I switch him off.

Winter no Sun, BMV reports 100% and 25.6 Volts. About 12A Load hangs on the Multiplus. BMV is not switching Multipluss now!

Multiplus should switch through to power Voltage at 24.4 V. The BMV then shows 93.3% SOC. Surely that cannot be the case.

The Loader at the Multiplus Is set with the same values as above.

Whether my Solar Panels 6x250Wp are enough, let's get there, wants to double soon anyway. I'm just looking For advice on why the Batteries with the Multiplus aren't fully charged. By the way, I am not a Solar Technician But quite from the E-compartment. My Victron Dealer also knows no Advice.

A Screenshot of the MPPT from the last three Days fpr Info, but this is not my Problem.

img-0079.png (200.4 KiB)
2 |3000

airdriver avatar image
airdriver answered ·

Last Night, the following was what made: Batteries were at 25V. Multiplus Settings:

Constantine Voltage 29.3 V. Conservation Pg. 27.1V.

Start 22:40 p.m. I record the Data every 2 Minutes by Raspi from The BMV.

22:40:28.7V/41.4A

2:56:29.2V/12.5A

22:58:27.12V/5.5A (i.e. 29.2V was about 16 Min, which is far too short, isn't it?)

0:00:27.15V/1A

6:22:27.13/0.7A (End of charge)

Tow of Batteries after Shutdown (waited about 1 hour) 26.2V

Now comes the MPPT and delivers. Tonight I will see how much SOC the BMV switches the Relay. (Setting BMV <24.4V)

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic