question

lucasvdv avatar image
lucasvdv asked

Where to install fuse for Cyrix-ct 120A?

Hi all,

I have a question about where to place fuses when installen a Cyrix-ct 120A? The diagrams show only a fuse installed between the house battery and the Cyrix, shouldn't there also be a fuse between the starter battery and the Cyrix? As present in the wiring diagram of the Blue Sea ACR (in my opinion similar to the Cyrix-ct). Can anyone help me with these questions?

Best regards,

Lucas van de Voorde

Cyrix Battery Combiner
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Rousset Michel avatar image
Rousset Michel answered ·

Hi Lucas,

Same question for me. I asked commercial ingineer, I read targetted contributions in France and my own decision is : one fuse between starter battery, one fuse between house battery. It can’t do any harm as the electrical resistance of such fuses is very low.

Best regards.

https://www.hisse-et-oh.com/sailing/fusibles-entre-batterie-et-coupleur-separateur

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rousset Michel avatar image
Rousset Michel answered ·

... sorry "between starter battery and Cyrix ... between house battery and Cyrix" ...

2 |3000