question

Fabian Meijneken avatar image
Fabian Meijneken asked

I dont know what my idSite is?

I am currently trying to get data from my VRM using the VRM API, but I am running into a problem.

I don't know how to get my idSite?

Thanks!

VRMapi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

@Fabian Meijneken

Have you been through this?.. https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:getting_started

Where are you getting hung up?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Fabian Meijneken answered ·

Ah I see, i'm going to hook up a raspberry pi with Venus OS on it. Thanks!

2 |3000

Fabian Meijneken answered ·

Ok so I hooked up my Raspberry Pi, in the hopes of finding my idSite there, but I still cant find it.

I really thought i had it figured out but i guess not.

2 |3000

elvis avatar image
elvis answered ·

Are you asking for a "installation ID" or "portal ID"?

Can you log into VRM?

If "installation ID", its in the URL when you log into VRM.

If "portal ID" its under the settings section of VRM

Did you read this?

https://docs.victronenergy.com/vrmapi/overview.html#installation-endpoints

2 |3000

jimbo47 avatar image
jimbo47 answered ·

Has this been addressed yet? I have read all of the links presented here, and it does not solve the fundamental problem that the userID value needs to be obtained prior to functionally using the API. Is there any way to get this other than logging into the site in a browser and copying it from the URL?

I'm working on an app using the API and right out of the gate I'm going to have to either attempt to automate this in a haphazard way, rather then obtaining it from the API after the user provides the login credentials to authenticate API access..

Please tell me I'm missing something and this is available from the API in some way.

2 |3000

Related Resources