question

andrecampeau avatar image
andrecampeau asked

MultiPlus Firmware history

I have a MultiPus 3000 with firmware version v430. I see that version v494 is the latest. All is working well but am I missing out on new features I might benefit from?

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
tsteinke avatar image
tsteinke answered ·

Hi Matthias,

do you have a link ?

I've only found:

https://professional.victronenergy.com/downloads/firmware/file-download/?name=VE.Bus%20%28Multis%2C%20Inverters%20and%20Quattros%29/26%20-%20230VAC%20Products%20with%20large%20microprocessor/Changelog%20Assistants.docx

which didn't cover v496 (newest firmware release for my MP2 according to VRM )

Thnks in advance.

Best regards

Thomas

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

There should also be a document "Changelog firmware.docx".

1650898051382.png

xxxx496 - April 19, 2022

• · Reduced audible noise in some 12V 3K Multi models.
  • · Reacts a bit slower to DC overvoltage.
    Reason for this change is that some BMS systems disconnect the battery during charge (when a high cell voltage is detected). This resulted in DC overshoot which in its turn resulted in a switch off. By making the reaction time on DC overvoltage a bit longer most systems will continue to operate under this condition.
  • · Minor improvement on fan driver.
    (Under certain specific conditions the fan did not start even if the average current indicated that it should. This is a minor improvement since it did not impose a real problem because the fan could still start based on internal temperature sensor.)
0 Likes 0 ·
1650898051382.png (103.6 KiB)
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@andrecampeau

It depends on the type of system you have.

Ess or mobile?

Is there a feature you want specifcally?

5 comments
2 |3000

andrecampeau avatar image andrecampeau commented ·
It's for my travel trailer.
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ andrecampeau commented ·
@andrecampeau

I always lean into the corner of - if it aint broke dont fix it.

So if you are not trying to integrate new components (maybe a Cerbo) into the system (and it is doing everything you need to do) then there really is no need to update. Other than the one that snoobler mentioned that is the lithium charging at low temperature protection.

Most of the firmware uodates relate to ESS (so not for mobile) adding grid codes and one or two bug fixes some stuff for the newer multi2.

So not much activity for mobile application.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Alexandra ♦ commented ·
More on the cerbo though, the ruuvi temp and humidity sensors are cool new toys. So monitoring has improved.

Maybe the on off charger switch in the GX menus?

0 Likes 0 ·
andrecampeau avatar image andrecampeau Alexandra ♦ commented ·
I sometimes camp at around freezing temperatures. You think I might benefit for that reason? I have 3 Lion Energy lithium batteries.
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ andrecampeau commented ·

That now is entirely up to you as you are familiar with how you use the system and what conditions it is under.

What are the battery manufacturers recommendations? Follow that.

0 Likes 0 ·
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

I'm on 430 with my Quattros. The only thing that inspires me to update is the low temp protection for charging Lithium batteries added in Oct, 2021.

2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

At Victron Professional (free account needed) you can find a changelog for the VE.Bus firmware.

2 |3000