question

michaeltenerife avatar image
michaeltenerife asked

Is my pylontech battery properly connected to my Cerbo GX?

Hi,

I am using the Cerbo Gx for the first time and I am not sure that my pylontech battery (turboplus) is communicating with my cerbo. How to check it?

When going into the config of the cerbo, in battery monitor, I only have the options of automatic, no monitor or the inverter (please see picture).Screenshot from 2022-04-14 21-53-34.png

The pylontech is connected per ethernet cable from the A/Can port to the left BMS-Can port of the Cerbo and I put the blue terminator plug in the other BMS-Can port.

Thank you for your help

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

As I mentioned in the other question you need a special cable for that, not just a simple patch cable.

https://www.victronenergy.com/cables/ve-can-to-can-bus-bms

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

michaeltenerife avatar image michaeltenerife commented ·
I am using the cable that comes with the cable kit from pylontech (there was the 2 cables for the battery and 2 ethernet cables).
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ michaeltenerife commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
michaeltenerife avatar image michaeltenerife Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
ok, got it know... this is all so complex.... now this cables are really expensive again. Why that? Are they made with gold?
0 Likes 0 ·
michaeltenerife avatar image michaeltenerife michaeltenerife commented ·
Thank you for the help ;-)

0 Likes 0 ·