question

elvis avatar image
elvis asked

Why does the Cerbo GX not require a MQTT keepalive but Raspberry Pi does?

In my limited experience in communicating with the Cerbo GX via MQTT I dont need to send a keepalive but on the Raspberry Pi I have to incorporate the keepalive to maintain the messages.

This is on a local network and not using the VRM broker.

cerbo gxRaspberry PiMQTT
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
northstar avatar image
northstar answered ·

That´s interesting too me, I´ll follow this dicussion.

What are you using to connect to the server ? Mosquitto or MQTT Explorer ?

Best regards,

Sven

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cleverheart avatar image
cleverheart answered ·

Pretty sure your Cerbo GX will require an MQTT keepalive (mine does).

Perhaps you have the Victron HTML5 app, or something else, running on the same machine that is providing the keepalive?

3 comments
2 |3000

elvis avatar image elvis commented ·

Do you mean the Marine HTML 5 interface?

Indeed, I do have that installed on the Cerbo. Thats interesting and insightful, If that's the case thanks for pointing that out.

0 Likes 0 ·
elvis avatar image elvis elvis commented ·

Well, I deployed the Marine HTML5 app on the raspberry-pi and its still requires a keep-alive.

0 Likes 0 ·
elvis avatar image elvis elvis commented ·

I found the issue.

Quite some time ago I had installed Grafana (I dont use it anymore) and it has its own keep alive. Uninstalled Grfana and am now using my own keep alive running on the Cerbo GX itself.

0 Likes 0 ·