question

andrejs-briedis avatar image
andrejs-briedis asked

How to set up (an old) MultiPlus Compact 12/2000 230V to work with LiFePO4?

I have an MultiPlus Compact 12/2000 230V, that came with the manual Version 4 (dated 09/02/2010) and would like to find out if/how it could be adjusted to work with LiFePO4 batteries (with an internal BMS, 4 12.8V batteries connected in parallel). Is there anything I must/can do to "re-program" the MultiPlus or the BMS will take care of proper charging?

multiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

You can set charge Voltages with the DIP switches if you don't have a programming MK2 dongle.
There is a section in the manual describing the process and which DIP switches to set.
With the MultiPlus on and running from the battery only you can set the switches and don't forget to switch DIP-8 on and then off again to store the setting.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

andrejs-briedis avatar image andrejs-briedis commented ·

Thanks! I have used the DIP switch option earlier, however, it does not have a charge profile for LiFePO4. Do you know if MK2 dongle will allow for additional adjustments? And would the MK3 dongle (with USB connection) work with the "old" MultiPlus, or MK2 (MK2.2b, as it is stated in the manual) is the only option?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic