question

roamer105 avatar image
roamer105 asked

MultiPlus 12/3000/120-50 120V inverter suddenly turns off with no reason

Issue: After 3 hours of inverting normally at relatively low load (about 200 Watts - shore power available, no solar/night) the inverter switched off by itself and could not be turned on again. Multi temperature was normal, battery at 90% SOC with 13.25 Volts.

Tried the rocker switch and tried the CCGX on/off/charger/inverter setting. Nothing worked the Multi stayed off.

I ended up getting it back to work using remote VEConfigure. I simply re-uploaded the current configuration and it started to work normal again. I use the 2-signal BMS support assistant with separate signals for Low and High with the "High" controlled by the external BMS (custom to force float) and the "Low" controlled by an inverter ON/OFF (simulating normal/low battery to control the inverter function from a convenient physical switch). This configuration has been in place for well over 2 years without any issues until now.

Configuration:

(VRM ER105)

All devices at latest firmware levels.

MultiPlus, CCGX, BMV-712, Smart Solar MPPT 150/70, GX Tank 140, 4 Ruuvi Tag temp sensors, 900AH LiFePO4 battery.

Am I dealing with ghosts or gremlins?

multiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic