question

ly8 avatar image
ly8 asked

How do I connect my Smart Shunt to monitor my 4x 6V batteries (2 serial and then 2 parallel)

I searched everywhere but could not find any information for my battery configuration which is a fairly common for RV. Please see below. My RV has 4 x 6V batteries and I do serial for 2x6V to get 1x12V and then I do parallel to get 2x12V.

My question is: if I want to monitor the battery charge of my both "12V" batteries, which positive should I connect the power cable from AUX to? I already connected VBatt+ to the positive of my 1st "12V". Currently I connected AUX to the positive of 2nd "12V". Is this correct? Please see my wiring diagram below.

Thank you!

rv-4xbatteries-smartshunt.png

battery connection
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You have to look at your battery pack as one battery with only one positive and one negative connection.
You can't measure the voltage of the "2nd battery" it is always the same as the "1st battery".

1648886940883.png

1648886940883.png (57.2 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sneruh avatar image sneruh commented ·
I have the same config, but using 12V 100Ah batteries instead of the 6V as above. I am confused about midpoint montiring using 2s2p. Does it make sense? And if so, where would you connect the two leads (Vbatt and VAux? Also, I know Victorn config for series-parallel set ups recommend to use busbars, but in a 2s2p, is it that important, as compared to using cables in a diagonal set up? Thank you in advance.
0 Likes 0 ·
ly8 avatar image
ly8 answered ·

Great! That helps a lot. Thanks!

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic