question

brentmitchell avatar image
brentmitchell asked

Venus OS on Rpi 3 b+

Installed the Venus OS onto a new 1GB SD Card, plug into new Pi 3b+ and turn on, it boots up no problem. found the IP address, and i'm now stuck, I can't remote console on it keeps telling me that it failed to connect. enable remote console and reboot. But how do I do this if I can't remote on.

I have a screen and K/B also connected but that shows the Venus OS log on screen and I did try to remove the headless file as recommended, but that doesn't allow me to as the file system is locked.

I can ping the IP and it does connect to the web page, but just shows the error, any help please welcome.

Venus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
brentmitchell avatar image
brentmitchell answered Ā·

Not sure what happened the last time, but after running through the same process so many times, it finally worked.

So i'm now able to connect to the Venus OS web page and can see the screen.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sqlazer avatar image
sqlazer answered Ā·

for future readers:

The root fs is mounted read-only by default. You'll need to do this to remount it in writable mode:

mount -o remount,rw /

After that, you can remove the headless file:

rm -vf /etc/venus/headless

I'd suggest rebooting after:

reboot

Enjoy!

2 |3000

Related Resources