question

offroad avatar image
offroad asked

MultiPlus in AC passthrough only during staged RV install?

Will be upgrading a 5th wheel from FLA to LFP batteries, along with a MultiPlus 3000VA 12v 120a replacing the current AC/DC converter and 1200w inverter.
Completing the install in stages would make things easier and maintain RV use during nice weather.

Any issues with connecting AC In/Out to the Multiplus without being connected to batteries, and will the transfer switch pass-through AC power?
I'll do the same thing during short storage intervals with a disconnect switch to maintain batteries below 100% SOC, while allowing AC to a residential fridge.
If this works fine, what position should the panel switch on the Multiplus be in when disconnected from batteries?

installation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
offroad avatar image
offroad answered ·

Follow up, this works fine. I turned the charger off with MK3-USB and ran in passthrough until I could get the DC side wired up.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

downgrader avatar image downgrader commented ·
Did you observe whether this allows power to the auxiliary ports under the DC terminals? I'd like to do the same thing as you but using my color control gx connected to the MP via ve.bus. Not sure how to power the gx if not through one of those aux ports.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic