question

grahamazing avatar image
grahamazing asked

I’d like to avoid using 2 AC outputs if possible on my Multiplus II x120

I have one 240V non essential load in my home (Air conditioner). It is in my breaker panel mixed in with all of my other 120V circuits. I am working to install a Multiplus II x 120 and am curious to know what would happen if my panel were supplied with 120V from the Multiplus during inverter mode (no 50A shore connection) if that 240 load would just stop working? Or what if I just flipped that breaker before initiating inverter mode….wouldn’t that accomplish the same thing as adding a whole sub panel supplied with AC out 2 for that load?

ac out 2
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

When that model goes into invert mode or is fed with 120 volt shore power, the voltage between L1 and L2 on the output is 0 volts so any 240 volt loads would simply not function. You would not need to turn off air conditioner breaker unless it has 120 volt loads internally. If that is a problem a relay on the input to the air conditioner that opens both legs would automate switching between inverter/120 volt and 120/240 volt shore power.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic